Thursday, December 3, 2015

Dads in the Limelight – Author of The Father’s Love, David Moore

Dads in the Limelight Series
Our 598th Dad in the Limelight is Author of The Father’s Love, David Moore. I want to thank David Moore for being a part of this series. It has been great getting connected with him and now sharing David Moore with all of you.
David-Moore
1) Tell me about yourself, (as well as how you are in the limelight for my readers knowledge)
My name is David Moore. I am retired, a volunteer Chaplain, and married to the love of my life Dorinda. We have 3 adult sons, David, Adam, and Shane. I pray with the sick and the lost in hospitals, nursing homes, prisons and jails, wherever I am called. I am also the author of “The Father’s Love” which is the true story of my cross country search for my missing son David and how I found my faith in God.
2) Tell me about your family 
My wife Dorinda is a secretary and enjoys singing in the choir, working in Helps Ministry writing encouraging cards and at times making meals for those in need. Our sons are all grown and living on their own and working hard to make a good future for themselves and their families.
David-Moore3) What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
Without a doubt it was when my son disappeared and I went on a frantic search for him. One cannot imagine the pain and heartache of a child that has run away. Everything in your life stops. Nothing else matters, not your job, eating, drinking, even your own life becomes secondary. It is a parents worst nightmare.
4) What advice would you give to other fathers?
Always keep the lines of communication open with your children. Really listen to what they are saying  and try to understand what they are feeling. As parents we always think we know what is best, but our children are very smart and they know better then anyone what their hearts desire is.
5) How have you come to balance parenthood and outside life? David-Moore
Our children are grown and my wife and I are really just outside consultants now. We have 3 very intelligent sons and they are very capable. We try to live a life of strong faith and be an example of how God instructs us to live.
6) What have you learned from the fathers that you have interacted with?
My father-in-law is one of the greatest examples that I could ever want to follow. He is an amazing man of faith and the best listener I have ever met. He is very intent on hearing what your heart is saying, what you are really feeling. He always says that God gave us 2 ears and one mouth so we should always listen twice as much as we speak.
7) What else would you share regarding your experiences as a father thus far?
My biggest problem as a father was that I was always a my way or the highway kind of parent. Also, before I starting seeing things from a spiritualDavid-Moore perspective I was a very angry person. I had an explosive anger that was dangerous to my family, myself, and others. After receiving Christ as my Savior I became a new person and with His help I have overcome many of my issues. I am not yet who I want to be, but thank God I am not who I used to be!
8) What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a parent?
Coaching our sons in sports, watching them graduate high school and college, seeing them become responsible men are all very memorable. But when they accepted Christ as Savior and were baptized has to be the most memorable and important moments in our lives. We now know we will spend eternity together!
If you have any questions for David Moore, please leave a comment here and I will make sure that he gets them so that he may be able to respond!
Also, do you know a Dad in the Limelight? If so, please email me their contact information so that they too can be a part of this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment