Saturday, April 13, 2013



Accepting


B.T.A. Believe. Trust. Accept. As Christian’s many of us, and I did say US, have little trouble with believing and trusting in God, the power of God, and the promises of God. Where we might get into some trouble is with accepting His promises, His healing, His answers to our prayers, His will.
Accept in the Webster’s Dictionary means to take (what is offered or given), to receive favorably, approve, to believe in. So accepting would be the act of taking what is offered or given, receiving favorably, approving and believing in. “Accepting” is the action part of receiving the Lord’s will. There comes a moment in time when the Believe, Trust, and Accept come together as one, and become a realization in your mind, your heart, your very soul.
Desperation in prayer brings on accepting. The effectual fervent (to boil up, hot; burning; glowing; intensely devoted or earnest) prayer of a righteous man avails much, James 5:16b. Jesus prayed fervently in the Garden of Gethsemane, so fervently that He shed great droplets of blood from His pores. We know that He prayed Believing, Trusting, and Accepting. Jesus prayed that the suffering that He knew He was about to endure would be taken from Him. But, He then said “nevertheless” Thy will be done. He “Accepted” the will of God His Father without any reservations. We might not always know God’s complete will for our life but we can always Believe, Trust, and Accept that God knows best, He has the best plan for us and the Kingdom, and that we can Believe, Trust, and Accept His will, and His promises.
In Proverbs 4:20-22, the word of God says; My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh. In other words ACCEPT.
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive (ACCEPT) them, and ye shall have them Mark 11:24.
Norman Grubb, in his book, The Law of Faith,  makes interesting commentary about “asking” vs. “taking”: Faith is the spiritual hand, exactly as, in the natural world, nothing is received and put to use merely by wishing or hoping or by asking for it, but by taking and using it, so in the spiritual. The hand must reach out and take the food or the book. Faith must reach out and take the promises, and the spoken evidence of such taking is the spoken word of faith. Probably the effect in the realm of the Spirit is the same as in the realm of matter. God offers all in His promises. The word of faith is the act of taking and applying His power according to need. What we actually take we actually have, and when the decisive word of faith has been spoken, God in His grace begins to work; and as the stand of faith is persisted in, the answer appears. That is why the declared word of faith is so vital and should be so stressed. It is the act of taking in the invisible, and we suggest that the serious lack in so much of our prayer life, both public and private, is that it hardly gets beyond the stage of asking. Hardly ever do we hear a person in a public prayer meeting, having asked, take and thank; yet probably it is much more important to have “taking” meetings than to have “asking” meetings. Our constant asking must have the same effect on God as would a child on his parents, who keeps asking for food, when they have set his meal before him and told him to take and eat it.
We have a choice whether or not to accept Christ at His word. We must begin to speak to our mountains and accept God’s promises.
Don’t be afraid. Just trust Me. Mark 5:36
If you trust Me, you are really trusting God who sent Me. John 12:44
Don’t be troubled. You trust God, now trust in Me. John 14:1
No matter what I pray for Lord, nevertheless, I Believe, I Trust, and I Accept Your will for my life!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Dave. I think God wanted me to hear this message from you. I've been waiting for over a year, to have my first novel picked up. I do have an agent, and she recommended a rewrite. I did that, finished another novel and am wondering if I should start the third or give up. I need direction. Praying for God's will. Maybe there's a message in your post for me. Thanks, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe He wanted me to hear it also Holly. I have been praying for healing for three years. My father-in-law has been telling me all along that I am victorious and to accept that I am healed. Today I accept by faith that "I AM HEALED" in JESUS MIGHTY NAME!! Holly I pray that God opens the windows of heaven and pours you out blessings forever in Jesus mighty name and for His glory Amen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too accept by faith that you have been healed, Dave!:)

      Your message really blessed me. I would love to share it on my blog. Can I repost it one week and have you on as a guest blogger?

      I remember crying out to God one night for healing in an area. In the middle of the night, I woke up and found that my husband was awake. We talked for awhile and when I went to go back to bed, he said, "By the way, God spoke to me to tell you that you are healed. Whatever you needed healing for, you've got it."
      That opened my eyes to see that I had not been, as you said, "accepting" my healing. I had been waiting on and begging God to heal me, when He had already done it. I just needed to reach out and accept it.

      I think we need to be reminded often that we already have His promises. We just need to learn to receive them from Him by faith. 2 Cor. 1:20 says: For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.

      The original Greek word for "Amen" means "let it be fulfilled!"

      I'm saying "Amen" to your healing and God's promises in all our lives!!:)

      Delete
    2. Hello Miss Amanda! Please do share as it was truly Holy Spirit inspired, so glad that it blessed you! We should meet sometime for dinner. We have really enjoyed the fellowship in the past! Bless you and yours Sis!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Dave! I'll probably share it this Monday. I'll let you know when I post it. Thanks so much!:) We should definitely do dinner sometime! I really enjoyed talking to you and your wife at the last event we were at together.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Dave,
    I Believe, I Trust and I Accept!
    In His Love and Service,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Christine and to God be all the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Dave! I've tried several times to get over here but something always sidetracked me. Before I opened the email alert of your comment on my post, I thought about you.

    We are usually so quick to believe but when it's time to trust, things get fuzzy. And accepting? It gets lost somewhere in the fuzziness. I love that verse in Mark, believe and receive! I've been thinking about this very thing. We just don't receive!

    All that the Lord says is ours IS OURS. I love this anonymous quote: When faith goes to market, it always takes a basket. Isn't that great? That should be the way we look at God's promises: always carrying a hand basket!

    Surely praying for you today, Dave, especially for healing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessed by your friendship and prayers my friend :-)

      Delete